Skiing in Spring should not be undervalued! With emptier slopes, sunnier days and warmer weather, this makes for a great skiing experience. Unsure still? We have some tips for you...
- Make sure you know which direction you're going as the snow conditions change throughout the day depending on whether you are North, East, South or West
- Get to the higher altitudes. The conditions will be better here so seek out those bowls!
- Eat lunch on the mountain, this means you can keep on skiing the higher runs with no stops at the base area.
- Not only is it best to eat lunch up high, but later on in the day as the best ski conditions tend to be late morning-mid afternoon.
- Make sure your clothing is flexible so that you can adapt to the changing temperatures throughout the day.
More help with Spring USA skiing holidays:
Some of the best times in the USA to ski is during April when the Americans are off of their spring breaks and back to school. For easter skiing see our Easter ski holidays USA article here
For help with what to wear on your USA ski holiday see our article here
For more details see our article on How to make the most of Spring skiing in the USA
UK Tel 01223 655642
US Tel 303 482 1961